Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I want a Betta Fish

I deciede to have a betta fish =) I was attracted by them when first time I found that if betta fish feels happy, they will make bubble nest! so CUTE, right? Besides, betta fish has many types of interesting tails and colours. After I learned from my housemate and did some research, here I share some pretty BETTA ;)


This Halfmoon Betta is too pretty... I think it will be expensive and hard to find...


Since I got black and white colour hamster, can I have same colour betta too? ;P


This is Crowntail Betta. My friend told me if betta eat too much, their stomach will "boom"... is the black part means that?


Rosetail Betta... Its tail look like rose, right? The same black things there =.=


The short tail betta (Plakat Betta). Sometime people will misunderstood is a female betta...


The bubble nest that betta made!! I'm so exciting to see this, just like they communicating with you... :P

5 comments:

  1. The "black thing" that you pointed out in a couple of the pictures is a part of the gills. They usually aren't visible unless the male betta is flaring at another male or his reflection. They are very aggressive, particularly toward other male bettas, so they intimidate each other by "flaring" or flashing their gills at the other fish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and if you peer closely at the bubbles, you will see this is where the fry are hatched. Your posted pic shows day old hatchlings. In a bubble nest, the eggs are laid. The bubbles help to keep the egg floating in high oxygenated waters to help ensure a healthy hatch.
    If a male is kept isolated, he will still blow a nest, as it is part of how he attracts a mate. Every few days, he will abandon it & make a new one.

    During times of great amounts of food(in the wild), they will gorge themselves. They get a bulb like belly & lumpy poo until all the foods have passed. This is the "boom" your friend is speaking of. It is not advised to feed tanked bettas this way until you understand how to feed & starve to control breeding conditions. If fed too heavily, a betta will eventually die. Think of it as eating nothing but burgers & fries all the time... a body just can't survive that way.

    Hope this helps.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I love the photo you have on the background! do you have this photo that i can make as my desktop? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever my mom gets a betta they always die attacking it's reflection Of the tank thinking it's another male. Why do they do that do I need a different fish tank?? We've been through so many bcuz of this issue

    ReplyDelete